Search This Blog

Saturday, December 12, 2015

It is not only justice, it is the truth that needs to come out: Ambassador Juergen Morhard



An event to mark International Human Rights Day 2015 was held in Kandy on Friday. The event organised by the Kandy Human Rights Bureau, was graced by the German Ambassador to Sri Lanka, Dr. Juergen Morhard.
The German Ambassador to Sri Lanka stated:
You brought a change not us, not a foreign country not foreign governments. It is all of you who voted for a change, in bringing in a new system.
He added:
I have been around.  I have also been around in the beginning of the year, I could observe many changes. However, only five months ago I was in Madhu. After my visit, CID came and was still questioning the priest there finding out what I was doing there, five months, after the change of government.
He further stated:
It is not only justice, it is the truth that needs to come out. We have to bring what happened – the injustice – we have to bring out to the society and you have to talk about it. And I encourage you now, who have being working for the human rights, those who have being the victims, who have being champions of human rights, bring out everything. Only if things are out in society people can talk about it and get aware about it and learn from history and move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment