Search This Blog

Monday, November 16, 2015

Justin Bieber: 'I Had Tears in My Eyes' Watching Amy Winehouse Doc

Singer Justin Bieber said he was in tears after watching the Amy Winehouse documentary directed by Asif Kapadia. In an interview with NME magazine, Bieber opened up about the destructive effect that his career had on his life. He recalled being put under media scrutiny from such a young age, reports aceshowbiz.com. "I just want people to know I'm human. I'm struggling just to get through the days. I think a lot of people are. You get lonely, you know, when you're on the road," Bieber said. "People see the glam and the amazing stuff, but they don't know the other side. This life can rip you apart. I watched the Amy Winehouse documentary on the plane and I had tears in my eyes because I could see what the media was doing to her, how they were treating her." "People thought it was funny to poke her when she was at rock bottom, to keep pushing her down until she had no more of herself. And that's what they were trying to do to me," he added. Winehouse rose to fame after releasing her debut album "Frank" in Britain in 2003 but her career took a bigger scale with the release of "Back to Black" three years later. Following her instant international fame, Winehouse was in emotional and physical distress stemming from her grandmother's death and troubled marriage to Blake Fielder-Civil among others. She died of alcohol poisoning in July 2011 when she was all of 27.

No comments:

Post a Comment